Antics and escapades of Locke and Lola, twins in action.

08 March 2006

Thanks, Mimi

Kelly was out of town last week on business and his mom, a.k.a. Mimi, came to town to give me a hand with the twins. She was a lifesaver.

Whenever Kelly goes out of town, I always get a little tense. Not that I'm afraid to be alone with Locke and Lola. They've got to be the easiest twin babies to take care of, and I love every minute we spend together. They're happy and smart and funny, and they play together a lot so they don't have to be constantly entertained. If anything, they entertain me more than the reverse. But since we moved here 6 months ago, I haven't really met many people -- especially not a lot of new moms. So I don't have much adult contact and conversation when Kelly's gone (unless you count the silly question and answer sessions from strangers as we stroll -- "Are they twins?" "Yep." "A boy and a girl?" "Yep." "Are they identical?" Pause to decide whether to be mean or not. "Nope."). And a few days of that is fine, but more than that and my sanity threatens to take a vacation.

So Mimi came to the rescue. It's always great when Mimi comes to visit because she has worked for years in education and she knows how to create a positive, fun and creative environment for the babies. Plus she's madly in love with Locke and Lola and she takes care of them like only a grandmother could.

It was a great week. Lola and Locke got tons of extra attention, I got to spend time with one of my favorite people, and I got to exercise 3 times! Plus, she sent me out for a pedicure. How sweet is that?

I know my parents would have loved to come to my rescue but they're going to be hosting the whole family for an extended visit next month so they'll have plenty of time to shower Locke and Lola with attention and to send me out for pedicures. Thank you in advance, Mom and Dad.

Anyway, thanks, Mimi, for a very nice week. Lola and Locke miss you already.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimi says "Thank You" for a wonderful visit! It was my Perfect Vacation and I have the worn knees on my jeans to prove it...Such fun chasing after Lola & Locke while crawling on the floor! Wish Texas and Indy were closer so I could visit more often, but remember I'm only as far away as the telephone when you need me!

Sunday, March 26, 2006 8:39:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home