Antics and escapades of Locke and Lola, twins in action.

21 February 2006

Lurking for Baby Gear

It's easy to see what gear works best for babies when you browse a few blogs. For instance, to keep Lola and (especially) Locke separated from certain and constant danger, we use the Superyard XT fence/gate. With extensions, of course. Their play area is larger than some Manhattan apartments I've seen.

I never thought I'd use a gate. Oh, I knew once they started crawling it would be hard to keep them corraled, but I thought it was possible. When Kelly's mom ("Mimi") offered to buy one after visiting when Locke was learning to crawl, I scoffed. I may have even been a little indignant (if you can be "a little" indignant). But it didn't take long after she left, when I was alone with two curious 6-month-olds -- and one of them newly MOBILE -- that I made the plunge. I don't know what I would have done without it.

Months later, after browsing (OK, lurking mostly) around a few other twin blogs, my fence purchase was more than validated. It seems that, not only do all other twins spend at least some time in a "corral", they often do it in a Superyard XT. Like over at The Twin Invasion. And at Archer & Phoebe. At Here They Come! , they not only have the Superyard XT, they also have one of Lola and Locke's favorite toys (see pics below). I'm not sure what it's called but has 3 "doorways" for them to crawl through and they can pull themselves up and stand next to it. Locke likes to peek through the curtains and make Lola giggle. Auntie Paula and cousin Connor gave it to them for Christmas. I've seen it in several pictures on the Here They Come! blog. I guess Conrad and Nolan like theirs a lot too.

So now I just need to pay attention to the blogs with older kids to see what else we'll need. From the looks of Sarah's blog, we're going to need some chalk, and some more nonfiction.

Lola proudly standing.











Locke plays peekaboo.










3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I loved my superyeard. In fact, we still have it around here somewhere. For a while we were using just four sides for a small time out.

Up next - TiVo and "The Wiggles".

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:19:00 AM

 
Blogger Renee Miller said...

Hey Brenda!
I'm not sure what I'd do without our Superyard, or "The Thunderdome" as we like to call it. Right now it is in pieces, part blocking the foyer and part blocking the cabinets that I never thought they'd figure out how to open. SIGH. Mobility is so overrated.
I've just found that I need all this stuff or we'd go crazy. If I had one baby, it might not be necessary, but with two, it's required. :)
Your babies are so, so lovely!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

We called ours Thunderdome too!

Oh - you will also need Elmo's.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 2:34:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home