Antics and escapades of Locke and Lola, twins in action.

26 February 2006

Closing Ceremonies

This weekend ends the thrills and chills of the Winter Olympics. I didn't watch a whole lot of the Games this year. Maybe it was due to the delayed broadcast -- I don't know how many times I accidentally saw a headline during the day that gave away the outcome of a race I had been looking forward to watching that night. Or maybe it was because of the way they sandwiched the best events between the less watchable ones, without offering any kind of advanced schedule. Or maybe it's just that I have twin babies now and can't pay as much attention as I used to to the Oympics. But, for some reason, I missed a lot of the action. On TV, anyway.

Locke, Lola and I had plenty of fun with our own version of the Games. Here's the 2-baby bobsled (or "bobsleigh") on their way to a gold.











And now, it's time to pass the torch on the Canadians (the role of the Vancouver mayor is being performed here by Locke, as he snatches the torch from Lola, the Italian representative).

Next stop: Beijing 2008!






3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on You Lola & Locke! Summer of 1996 I saw your Dad carry the Olympic Torch on his bike into Atlanta for the 1996 Olympic Games! Was exciting to watch just like yours!

Thursday, March 02, 2006 9:47:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look like a bad two person bobsleigh team. Maybe they will be realy bad in 2024.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 5:58:00 PM

 
Blogger CINDY said...

how cute, the babies version of the Olympics. The "2 man" laundry basket is my grandbabies favorite year round game event. LOL!

Sunday, March 05, 2006 5:03:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home