Antics and escapades of Locke and Lola, twins in action.

15 April 2006

Vacation!!!!

I still can't believe it's really happening. Tomorrow Kelly and I will be relaxing on a beautiful beach. Alone. Well, there will most likely be other vacationers around, but we'll be sans babies. This is the first time I will have been away from the babies for more than a few hours since they were born, almost one year ago, so I have equal amounts of "yea!" and "yikes!" in my mental vocabulary right now.

We flew to my parents' house early this week. They, along with Kelly's mom (Mimi), will be keeping Lola and Locke while we're gone so they're in very good hands. We've spent this week getting acclimated and seeing family and friends. It's been nice. But the babies' temporary nursery is the office so access to the computer is limited since their naptime is usually when I post. Thus the lack of updates.

Locke and Lola's first birthday is just a few days after we return so we'll have a family party then. I still can't believe it's been a year.

A few days after their birthday, Lola is having minor hand surgery. I haven't posted about her surgery before because I haven't been allowing myself to think too much about it. It's minor surgery but it's still general anesthesia. I'm sure it will all go fine but it still makes me nervous.

Well, Grandmommy is finishing up Lola and Locke's lunch, which means it's naptime. Guess I'll post more on the birthday and surgery later.



1 Comments:

Blogger CINDY said...

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY!!!!
Hopeing to see an update about their birthday and Lola's hand surgery.

Sunday, April 23, 2006 10:16:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home