Antics and escapades of Locke and Lola, twins in action.

09 April 2006

Locke's walking feat

I wrote recently about Lola's walking and how Locke felt no pressure to follow in her footsteps (so to speak). Well, that took about a week. Now I've got two "walkers". Over the past 4 or 5 days, Locke has changed his mission in life from Entertainer of Lola to Better Walker than Lola. Lola's still got more experience behind her but he's quickly catching up.

Locke's determination is surpassed only by his cuteness as he's taking his little steps. He's very focused, stopping when he feels a little off-balanced to correct himself, and then continuing on. Now he and Lola follow each other around, walking from toy to wall to stair to toy. They're both still fairly slow and they rock back and forth on their stiff, straight legs as they carefully take their steps. I used to think they looked like the baby zombies as they'd both crawl toward their target (usually food). But now, with their Frankenstein strides, it's even more zombielike. They're the cutest little baby zombies you've ever seen.


Here they are in motion...

I guess it will be a little while until they're sure-footed enough to run off in two different directions. I probably have a little more time before I have to begin the big chase, trying to keep up with them. Right? Yeah, right. I guess my new fitness routine is just beginning.



4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

It's on now.

Your sitting days are over for a while.

Monday, April 10, 2006 3:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Renee Miller said...

I love that the pics are blurry, it really gives the illusion of speed. Unless it isn't the camera and they are actually sprinting. From what I know about your babies, they probably are sprinting already.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:47:00 AM

 
Blogger CINDY said...

quote: "I guess it will be a little while until they're sure-footed enough to run off in two different directions. I probably have a little more time........"

aaaaahhhhh, noticed you haven't posted any since, :-D On the move, are we? But sooooo much fun!

Saturday, April 15, 2006 12:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Wow--mine are 10.5 months and just pulling up, so I know it's coming--no hurry,though.

I love, love, love the AC/DC knockoff (AB/CD) your baby is wearing.

Have a great vacation.

Monday, April 17, 2006 6:30:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home