Antics and escapades of Locke and Lola, twins in action.

03 October 2008

Olympic Dream















Kelly and I had the amazing opportunity to go to Beijing for the 2008 Olympics in August. Actually, I had the amazing opportunity. Kelly was REQUIRED to go because of his job. I know, tough job, right? Well ... yes. He worked 24/7 the entire time while I went sightseeing, shopping, and, to several unbelievable Olympic events. We actually got to watch history being made as Michael Phelps won his record-breaking 8th gold medal. And we watched the gymnasts rake in a record number of medals too. It truly was the trip of a lifetime.

There were 4 reasons we were able to take this incredible trip: first, as I mentioned, Kelly's job required him to go so I cleverly rode on his coattails, or, rather, United Airlines, to Beijing. The other 3 reasons are Mimi (Kelly's mom), and Grandmommy and Granddaddy (my parents). They came all the way from Texas to keep the darling duo Lola and Locke. How nice was that?

Here are a few pics of them baking biscuits while we were gone, and one of them in their souvenirs afterwards.

Thank you, parents, for allowing us to make this trip. It truly was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home