Antics and escapades of Locke and Lola, twins in action.

21 May 2007

Happy Annivers...





Locke and Lola in a quiet moment outside








Locke looking very handsome











Lola taking a peek at the patio













The mad dash continues













Lola and Locke's 2nd birthday was only one of the reasons we were in Texas on our recent trip. The other was my parents' 50th wedding anniversary party. My sisters and I hosted a party for this momentous and, might I say, impressive occasion. We got to see friends of my parents — some of whom I hadn't seen in more years than I'd like to admit was possible. And my parents got to show off their grandbabies. Well, sort of.

The party was held in the ballroom of a hotel. And, as exciting as the mingling of a ballroom-full of older people can be, Lola and Locke found a world of excitement in rest of the hotel to be more compelling. So, the afternoon went something like this: Kelly and I would carry L+L into the party, grab some food (hoping to entice them to sit for a few minutes to eat), sit down at a table, and then, just after we'd started a conversation with someone, we'd have to excuse ourselves and run after whichever toddler we happened to be holding at the time after they slithered through our grasp, onto the floor, and darted off. Then we'd follow them to something that caught their fancy — the house phone, an inviting sofa in the lobby, or, best of all, the ice machine. After entertaining them for a little while, we'd carry them back into the ballroom in hopes that they'd find something or someone as entertaining there.

We finally managed to keep them still long enough for a few quick hellos and a few bites of cake.

I heard from several people that the party was a success. I know L+L had a great time. And so did my parents, which is all that matters.

Kelly and I were just happy it was only three hours long. In the months prior, we'd been training for a half marathon which took place a week after the party, so we were prepared to run 13 miles. But we were in no shape to keep up with two 2-year-olds for three hours. We said our goodbyes and then went home for a nap.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home